We wanted to share an update about how the Jewish Center of Jackson Heights is responding to the outbreak of coronavirus disease.
Until further notice, we will be suspending Shabbat services.
For those who are comfortable with traveling and/or turning on electrical devices on Shabbat, here is some information regarding how some other local synagogues are reacting to this pandemic:
- Central Synagogue is going almost completely virtual–services will be livestreamed.
- Shabbat service attendance at B’nai Jeshurun will be limited to prayer leaders, Torah readers, and B’nai Mitzvah families. All services will be livestreamed.
- As of 3/11/2020, Park Avenue Synagogue is still holding services, and is also livestreaming.
- Temple Emanu-El is now (as of about 30 minutes ago) closed–services will be online.
- Romemu is taking precautions, but is not closed (as of 11:44 AM 3/13).
We will post to the website and send email updates when we resume services. Click here to sign up for our mailing list to receive those updates.
Please contact us if you have any questions.